Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What IS that thing???

I went to post about this yesterday, and my emotions were far too raw to post so I deleted it. I have had a night to sit on news of what "that thing" is and decided to post. I went for my annual "girl doctor" appointment on Monday (oh joy). I was late, but pregnancy tests were coming back negative. So, they did my annual and decided to do a sonogram to see if there was a problem. Well, they found several. To start they found what "could" be a pregnancy but next to it was an additional sac that was filled with fluid. They also found a good amount of fluid behind my uterus, and what appears to be several cysts on my uterus. It was all a little mysterious. My dr. ordered a blood test to make sure there was not a pregnancy so that we could start action to relieve whatever it is that is going on in there. Well, guess what?!?! That thing that "could" be a pregnancy IS!!! Yep, a Baby Menchaca...#3 to be exact. WOW, 3 is so many. lol So, now this is where we are....my hormone levels look great, right on track. But they feel as though they should have seen more of baby than they did. Now that they know what they are looking at, they are doing another sono today and more blood tests to determine if the baby is "viable". We are still unsure why there is extra fluid behind my uterus and why there is an extra sac of fluid. Hopefully we are only seeing a pregnancy in the early stages, and there is nothing wrong with the development of our little surprise. We are happy, and very, very scared. We have lost a baby once before and know how that feels. So, we are praying for a healthy baby. And while we are praying we may as well ask nicely for a girl. hehe So, that's my news. It's a baby. A surprise baby, but a baby we love already.

No comments: