Tuesday, February 06, 2007

These moments melt my heart





Seriously, don't let the images fool you. He is so stinkin cute, and looks so squeezable...but it's kinda like a wild animal - you can't get too close. lol Most of you have met my youngest son, Mason. When we found out Mason was to be a boy, I thought I knew exactly what to expect. Because after all I was already raising a boy, and was most definitely a self pronounced boy raising expert. Then he came. So sweet, soft, pure. He looked just like his daddy, and every bit of him melted my heart just like Reagan had. Yep, this would be a peice of cake. Right. No one ever mentioned to me that just because they are the same gender doesn't mean they will have the same demeanor. Reagan was an easy baby, super passive. Mason, is well....apparently just like me. Reagan looks like me, acts like his dad. Mason looks like his dad, acts like me. I am doomed. And last I checked there is only room for 1 hard headed, strong willed person in this house. (guess I better move) :) But even with his strong will, and determination to do the things he maybe shouldn't...he melts my stinkin' heart! Sometimes being a photographer I forget that I am still a mom who can take average shots of my kids. It's hard to put the photographer in me away with a camera in hand. So, today I was determined to take some shots for ME. Technically perfect? Nope. My best work? The pictures - no, the kids - yes!

2 comments:

Shenanigans said...

OMG..I just checked these out the slideshow in the email you sent me.. I came straight here thinking you might have posted them. I HAD TO TELL YOU I LOVE THEM! Did you post them on ILP? Gosh he's beautiful.. I can only imagine how beautiful your baby is going to be!! Wonderful work! Jodie

Megan said...

These are freakin' awesome! Great work, girlie (on the kiddo AND the pix-lol!)