Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas!!!


Hi friends! I just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday, eat lots of yummy food, and squeaze your loved ones tight. I am so excited for Christmas this year. Mason is 20 months now, so this year he will really get it. Reagan is super excited for Santa and eye-balling every present under the tree that looks like it should be his (which in his mind is all of them). They have been good (well, as good as a 20 month old and 4 year old boy can get) this year and Mom and Dad have worked their tails off, so Santa is bringing some good stuff I hear. I am so excited to watch my babies little faces as they come out of their rooms on Christmas morning, ready to see what Santa has delivered. It's more exciting than I remember Christmas ever being as a child. I love to see my kids on Christmas morning. We open presents, eat some yummy breakfast, sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. It just doesn't get any better than this.
As I look back over this year, I realize how blessed I have been. I decided a little over a year ago that I wanted to start my own photography business. With my wonderful husband as my investor, I was on my way. But equipment and hours of studying don't make a business, and certainly not a successful one. So, here I am a year later with a business that is booming better than I had even hoped for. Clients that I am so blessed to have, and so many friendships formed. I couldn't have ever imagined that my little thought of a business would be so good to me. And I never imagined I would make so many wonderful friends along the way. I so enjoy stepping into your lives for a moment to capture memories, then being able to stick around as a friend to see how these wonderful children change and grow. Someone told me recently that I need to learn to seperate business and personal. I thought about it long and hard, and know now why it didn't sound right. They weren't saying it in the nicest way to begin with, but I will never seperate the two. My business IS personal to me. My clients ARE personal to me. My work IS personal to me. It's my passion...my heart. When it becomes just business, I will know it's time to move on. So, thank you all from the bottom of my heart for making this journey that much enjoyable. Thank you for letting me into your lives for a moment, then inviting me to stay. Thank you for your patience in my learning process, support, kindness, and mostly for being the best darn clients and people a girl could ever ask for. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas from our family to yours. Here's hoping Santa brings something good for you!

I finally posted the January Blog Special, it's updated in the last post.
Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!

No comments: