Tuesday, April 03, 2007

99 Balloons

99 Balloons. For those of my clients that have been around for a while, you already know what I am referring to. For those that don't, let me introduce you to Eliot. Eliot changed my life, and moved my heart more in his 99 days that I would have ever imagined. Eliot came into my life by accident really. He has a family member that is a photographer, and she put out a prayer request for him. I contacted her having been moved asking for permission to pass the word on. She gave me the ok, and many of you took the journey of Eliot's short life with me. Every Wednesday an update was made, and every Wednesday I was there on the blog to see how he was doing. One week I hadn't checked in. I got a call from one of my clients who had been following Eliot's story. She asked if I had been to the site. I hadn't but knew right away what the news was just by the sound of her voice. I immediately logged on, with a huge pit in my stomach I read. I cried. I weeped for this 99 day old boy I had never met. I was devastated to be honest. I can only imagine the feelings of his parents and family. I felt as though I knew him and his wonderful parents so well. They had each impacted my life so much. If you haven't been to his blog please visit. And read the archives. It is life altering. But just make sure you bring your kleenex. But I'd like to encourage ALL of you, wether you have read the blog yet or not to please watch the 6 minute movie about Eliot's 99 day journey. Bring your kleenex, probably the whole box. It is still so amazing to me how a tiny baby, who couldn't breathe or eat on his own - can move so many people, change so many lives, and impact so many hearts. I have said it before, and will say it again...thank you Eliot. You and your parents continue to be such an inspiration. You can see 99 Balloons here:

http://www.ignitermedia.com/products/iv/singles/570/99-Balloons

No comments: