Thursday, April 26, 2007

It's a race to the finish!

I have been telling you all for months now when my leave was going to start, and it always seemed SO far away. But it's actually here! It's kinda bittersweet for me. I am so excited to have this little girl, but I really enjoy my work. I do have plans to revamp some business things while I am gone, make things even better...but I will definitely miss my clients. I have been on "modified bedrest" or as my lovely doctor tells me I have been "laying low and calling in the calvary" for a week now. I like to call it house arrest. :) I at least don't have to just lay in bed, but I can't do much. I can hang out with the boys, go to church, take Reagan to preschool and of course do my last bit of work. But I can't go walking the mall, do any type of yard work or gardening, no heavy cleaning (yay for me), no lifting my kids (yeah right), basically I can't be on my feet much at all. I go back to the doctor next week and I will be 34 and a half weeks. The immediate goal was for me to make it 2 weeks, which is the day I go back to the dr. I suppose we will see from there what the next goal or game plan is. I just really need to make it to 36 weeks, then I am hoping they will say she's good to come any time after that. I will have a sono at 36 weeks to see how big Brooklynne is and to see how everything looks, and hopefully we will make a game plan from there. My body is tired and ready to quit now, so as long as we make it to the safe zone I will be happy to deliver. But at the very most I have about 5 weeks left. Last weekend and this weekend were my last 2 weekends of work. Last weekend went well, I had so much fun with both families and the pictures are lovely if I don't say so myself. But it's hard to go wrong with such fantastic and CUTE families! Anyways, I will be posting here more regularly now that things will be slowing down. Make sure to stay tuned for baby news. Myself or my husband will be posting here when she arrives, so if you aren't already subscribed for updates do it now! In the meantime, I'm sure to do a lot of rambling on here to pass time. :) Hope you are all doing well.

1 comment:

Megan said...

You better get right on the blog or get the word out somehow b/c I will be waiting!!! :)
Megan