Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Feels Like 20 Minutes......


I had the incredible privilege of being invited to join the G Family on Memorial Day weekend to photograph an amazing reunion. The entire family had not all been together in the same place in years, and since they were spending a long weekend together they thought it would be perfect timing for family photos! I couldn't agree more! Joseph and I headed out to the lakehouse of one of the siblings, which was BEAUTIFUL. The families were amazing and kind and seriously organized! It went smoother than I could have ever hoped for, and we had such a great time in the process. The grandparents were AMAZING, and I have to say the favorite part of my day was photographing them. They were still so in love, and when I asked them to kiss for a picture they were silly with giggles like teenagers in love. Their kind souls were so refreshing. As they sat there having their photos taken, the grandfather says to me "47 years and going strong.". (I think he said 47 but my brain is fried from all the processing, so I could be off) To which I said, "Really? Wow!". He then says to me "Feels like 20 minutes.". It was sweet, sincere, inspiring. Then the grandmother without skipping a beat looks at me, says "20 minutes under water! Can you hold your breath for 20 minutes?!?!". I DIED laughing. They giggled like teens in love again. It was to date one of the best times I've had at a session. I've been proofing their session like crazy, and am finally there seems to be an end in sight! I hope to be done with proofing their session soon, but here is a sneak peek to keep them till the rest are ready. G Family, thank you. Your family is beautiful, amazing, loving, and fun! My kind of people. :o)








I'll gladly hold my breath 20 minutes under water if I'm still that happy 47 years down the road.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what wonderful photos! I especially enjoy the last one...the grandparents giggling. So much love! :o)

Megan said...

See? I knew you'd been holding out on me! These are so great. Using the hammock was a great idea!