Friday, June 20, 2008

Do you remember me? Your host???

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I KNOW.....I totally suck at keeping up with everything during the summer. But in my own defense, I've been really busy getting orders together and doing all of my regular stuff with 3 kids biting at my ankles it's just so much harder! Is it August yet??? lol In all reality, I adore having them at home. I really do. But since Mason didn't get a summer program for special needs, it just really takes a toll on him. His need level is so much higher than a "typical" child and no matter how hard I work to match his energy level he's topped me by the time I get there. lol It's exhausting. We've had lots of fun in the sun, they are so enjoying the pool. Especially Miss Brooklynne - that girl is a water baby! She just can't get enough. I need to get pictures of them out at the pool. I am so enjoying just hanging with my homies. ;o) My mommy's helper started this week, she only came once this week but it was such a nice treat to have uninterrupted time to concentrate on my work. She will come in really handy! I think I want her to move in. lol She's a teenager though, and I'm thinking her parents won't be so down with that idea.

I had the amazing opportunity to meet up with some local photographer's on Wednesday evening. We went to Duke's BBQ for dinner and had lots of fun getting to know everyone. I host a local forum, as well as a photo forum for photographers of all levels and I've had the pleasure of getting to know most of the ladies there before we had our meet up. It was such a great time, and I'm looking forward to our next meet up! Here's a couple pictures from our evening. I have more, but need to check with the other mom's first to see if I can share here. Thanks so much to all the ladies who came!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was just about all I could get out of my little people. They weren't liking me for portraits. lol

Photobucket

Oh, and even one of ME and Brooklynne

Photobucket

One of my dear photographer friends pointed out I was looking a little on the yellow side. Must be in the sun too much. LOL

So, I'll promise to be posting more. Even if it's my own kids. I need to bust that camera out for everyday stuff again!!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hmmmm...I didn't notice the yellow at all. I was just thinking your nose looked a little pointier than usual! :)

Megan said...

Knock, Knock, Knock...anybody home????