Saturday, September 16, 2006

"Graduation Day"

Graduation Day - that's what my mom said this was. And she is right. My uncle has graduated, gone home. No more cancer. No more pain. No more weakness. He can eat. He can walk. He can dance if he wanted. He is HOME. It's so bittersweet. I cry and am mourning a life lost. I am sad that his wife will not have her soulmate by her side. Sad that his daughter can't call her dad. But he is still with us. Still living in our hearts. One's physical body can pass, but his soul and love will live on in all of our hearts. They didn't expect him to make it through the night. He proved them wrong. He passed on his time. Around 8 this morning he went home. Thank you to everyone for the love and kind support.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bethany, you and your family are in my prayers. I lost my dad to a very long and hard battle with Scleroderma. It is so hard to loose a loved one, but I know he is in a better place now with no more pain. Of course, I miss him everyday and wish he were here, but I am so glad that he does not have to struggle anymore. Anyways, I just wanted to say God Bless you to you and your family and just think now you have a guardian angel watching over your kids. I know my dad is watching over my kids everyday.
Christine