Sunday, September 03, 2006

Life lessons from Eliot

In an effort to keep on top of my photography skills, I am part of several online forums that inspire me to be a better artist. And as a community of photographers, and a very large community...when there is a need we can post that need and know that we have friends there to back us up. This week, a photographer that I do not know personally, posted this link about her nephew who has Trisomy 18. So, as a member of the American Children Photographer Charity Guild (www.acpcg.com) I went to have a look and read Eliot's story. What I didn't know was that I was about to read a story that would touch and inspire me in a way that I have never experienced. Eliot's story has taught me more in the hour that I spent reading aboout him, and the hours spent praying and thinking of him after reading...than I have learned I think in my entire life. Eliot's diagnosis is fatal, which is heartbreaking. But the love and faith that I have read pouring from the hearts of two parents that are so in love with their sweet little boy reminds me to embrace life. Reminds me to love every minute with my own children. Makes me appreciate their health. I know that putting myself out there may turn some people away from my business, but my faith is more important to me than my business. What I am asking from all of you, is that you sit down and read Eliot's story. If you feel compelled, send him a message, I hear he loves them. And if you believe in the power of prayer, please pray for him and his family. If you don't believe in prayer, please just think of him. Read his story and the celebration of each day of his life. Because each day that Eliot lives is a miracle and defeating the odds of what doctors have called a "life that is not viable". http://mattandginny.blogspot.com/

No comments: