Thursday, September 14, 2006

Jerry

I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face and a broken heart. I am grieving for someone that is still physically alive, but slipping way too fast. My uncle Jerry has been battling a VERY nasty cancer for a very short time and sadly the cancer is winning. I was supposed to travel this weekend to photograph an event for him. There was going to be a band, an open house, prayer, and a celebration of his life and how far he has come. And tonight I hear that he is back in the hospital and not doing well at all. I HATE cancer. There are not many things I hate, but I HATE cancer. It makes me sick to my stomach and I cringe at the word. It's disgusting. Why does it even exist? I don't understand why so many men, women, and children die everyday from such a wicked disease. I don't get why we can send a man to the moon, but we can't cure cancer. I don't get why babies have to suffer. I don't get why my uncle is suffering. It hurts my heart. He has a young beautiful daughter that still needs him. And a wife that is devastated that her mate is slowly slipping. There are many things in this world I do not and never will GET. But I know that God has a master plan for everything, even this. I ask all of you to pray and think of my uncle. Please. He has bounced back from many situations that were not in his favor in this awful battle. I pray this to be one of them.

No comments: