Saturday, March 08, 2008

Smurf?

I know you are all wondering what my child got himself into in the image below. But in order to find that out, you have to hear the whole story. Cause it's interesting. ;o)Yesterday morning we had Mason's social worker/developmental therapist coming to visit for therapy. I dilly dallied around in the morning, and about 45 minutes before she was set to arrive I figured it was time to hop in the shower. I would have 45 minutes to shower, dress myself and the boys, feed the baby, and pick up any last minute messes they made. Time would be tight, but manageable. I get in the shower, get out - things are going well! Then I come out to realize the boys have had their way with my living room. Toys all over the place. So, I instruct them to pick up as I go get dressed. A few minutes later I hear the baby start to wake from her nap. Just as I get dressed so I can grab Brooklynne, Mason walks into my bathroom holding out his hands saying "EEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW". He had a poopy diaper. And poopy hands. Cause apparently he wanted to play in his dirty diaper. Every bit of me wanted to hide from him and hope it would magically be fixed. lol So, I grab the baby then throw him in the bath. Get myself dressed, have Reagan pick up, nurse the baby, wash the poopy head, get Reagan dressed, dry off the poopy head, dress the poopy head, comb the poopy head's hair....just in time for there to be a knock at the door. Lord have mercy. So, we have therapy and play with markers. The fun of markers starts then, but carries on for quite a while. And well, Mason isn't always the most careful with a marker. So, the image below is an example of markers gone bad. Very, very bad. And for the record, "washable markers".....not so washable. They still stain skin people! So, today he's a lighter smurf. But a smurf none the less.

But wait....there's more. Oh yes, my day didn't end there!!! Fastforward to the evening, we are preparing to have friends over for dinner. Daddy gets home, brings in the groceries. I had him buy diaper rash cream as the little man has a bit o' red on his you know whats. So, Daddy sets the cream on the coffee table, I am getting ready. Daddy comes to chat with me for about 3 minutes, goes back out to the living room. And the Menchaca's first member of the Blue Man Group, is now creamy white. You got it, he painted himself in Desitin. Yep. He did. All this happened in one day, and I myself can't believe it. lol Daddy brought him in and I bathed him again (again rushing before the door bell rings). And can I just tell you that Desitin doesn't come off easily either?!?! Oh, and in case you are wondering - it doesn't remove marker either. So, his arms, hands, and face were painted white. It was the most hysterical thing I've ever seen and at that point I could only laugh. So, that's the story of my day. A day in the life of one mom vs. 3 crazy kids. And next week is Spring Break. Pray for me. A lot. And if you don't hear from me, call the cops and tell them it's possible my children have locked me in the closet. Lord help me. Amen.

4 comments:

Rachel Mazzaferro said...

I don't know about you but I don't remember the Proverbs 31 woman having to deal with markers and Desitin. Wool and flax, check! Hands to the spindle, check! Clothed in scarlet, check! Nope, no markers or desitin. She had it SO easy :)

Megan said...

"Menchaca's first member of the Blue Man Group"--I'm LOL!!!

Moral of the story: your smurf loves bathtime and will find a way to get one no matter what it takes! :)


****HUGS*****

Robin DePaula said...

I knew I could count on you to make me laugh!!! LOL . . . sure needed that right about now!

Love - Robin

Unknown said...

LOL thanks ladies. It was quite the day! But by the end of it, I got a good laugh out of it. ;o)