Monday, March 24, 2008

We made it through the first day!

Well, for as much as I dreaded this day - it went so much smoother than I could have ever hoped for. I just have a quick second, but wanted to give a quick update. Mason did so good today! Children with Autism, or spectrum disorders are VERY routine oriented, and he has to stick to the norm. Anything off our normal routine will throw him off balance and make for a not so fun time. But he did so well. We spent the last few days driving him by his new school, talking about the "big boy school", and how much fun it would be. So, we really played it up for him. He did well when we got there, told us bye like nothing. He was happy to see us when I got there to pick him up, so all in all it was a good time for him. And he's still fairly happy at the moment which is good for a kid who missed a nap. Mama on the other hand, is exhausted. I'll be back soon with more on the school process. I can't think.

3 comments:

Sandy Keys said...

Congrats Bethany on making it through day one!!! Sounds like it went well. Hopefully, they'll just get easier and easier each day. Keep up that terrif-ly positive attitude you have!

~ Sandy

Megan said...

Yay!!!!!

Tara Staton said...

Thats great Bethany! I'm happy for ya'll! I know it can be a challenge.