Wednesday, September 24, 2008

{Dead In The Water}

Although I would like to scream, cry, and find the nearest closet to hide in to suck my thumb....I can only smile. Dead in the water....my life at this moment. A few months ago, 3 to be exact, I retired my 2 year old faithful Dell laptop for an amazing new Dell system that boasted a 24" screen, more memory than I'd ever know what to do with, and it's just a pretty spiffy machine. Well, last night I went to do something on the computer and it froze. I went to restart it and it was DEAD. I am blessed beyond belief that I am able to recover all of the images from it. I am very diligent about backing up my sessions, but sadly had not prioritized backing up my own family images. I was devastated to learn that I'd have to do a complete system retore, but so thankful that I am able to rescue precious memories. I am feeling slightly robbed at the moment. Technology stinks, and things break. It's bound to happen, and nothing is perfect. I am still a loyal dell user, have a darn good laptop that's saving my rear right now....but this just stinks no matter how you look at it. SO....if you are waiting on an email from me, please know that while I do have computer access at the moment - my brain is on overload from scrambling to fix this. We JUST got resituated from being out of town, so I am a mess right now. Bear with me and I will get back to everyone as soon as I possibly can!

1 comment:

Megan said...

OH...that really stinks. I was just thinkin' that today felt like a Monday & this just helps confirm it! ;) Hope things get better fast!

PS--that reminds me... I've got some backing up to do...